Abyssinian Meeting House May Schedule
"Opening Night," with artists Daniel Minter, Keita A. Whitten, Rafael Clariot, Titi de Baccarat, Derek Jackson, Elizabeth A. Jabar, Delaney Tucker, and students of color from Wayeflete and Roots and Fruits Preschool | 5 pm | Musicians Micheal Wingfield, Keita Whitten, Rodney Mashia, Samuel James, and Ahmad Kafari | 5:30 pm | Speech by Mr. Cummings |
"Rise and Shine Youth Retreat," open mic with youth performances, performances by Theater Ensemble of Color, Zaya HMobb, and more |
Performance workshop with Rene Johnson | 10 am-12:30 pm
Children's storytelling with Linda Ford |
Printmaking workshop with Daniel Minter |
"Storytelling and Body Movement Workshop For Adults," with Nicole Mokeme | 6:30-8:30 pm
Performances by David Thete and Kesho Wazo |
"Performance Festival," with Said Anwar Cato-King, Zaya HMobb, Hi Tiger, Patrick Jones, Super Dread, and Eric Simido | noon
"Bloodletting: A Night of Poetic Realness Dreamed by LaLa Drew" |
"Theater Ensemble of Color Showcase," performance by Bridgette Kelly; film by Danie Kayamba
Last modified onWednesday, 03 May 2017 09:19
Latest from Nick Schroeder
- A Show of Support â€” Able Baker's 'Selvedge' Sees Painting Through a Totally Different Grain
- Getting Off the Map â€” The Magical Properties of Jared Fairfield's 'The Protecting Cloak'
- The Art Of Protest â€” Every Decision Counts in Mainer's Participatory Film 'The Maribor Uprisings'
- Recipe for a Nothingburger â€” Trump's 'High-Quality' Son and Other Senior Officials Implicated in Russian Collusion
- Bully Mammoth Don't Play to the Base With 'Let It Bully'